Monday, November 9, 2009

Home!

Jake came home last week, and wow, I forgot how both relaxing and exhausting a newborn can be. At one point, I found myself saying, hey, this just watching bad cable on the couch with a sleepy baby on my chest and eating Oreos all day (and sometimes raising the will to brush Oreo crumbs off the baby's head), yep, not so bad. Then I find myself up at 11 pm, 12:30 am, 3:45 am, 5:00 am, 7 am and my boobs are just going to FALL OFF MY BODY, and I say, oh, yeah, right. Damn those hormones that make you forget about this part so that a year from now you want to have another baby. You won't fool me again, hormones! That shop is CLOSED FOR BUSINESS.

I can't quite believe this, but I don't think we've taken any pictures of Jake since he got home. But this is the day he came home:

No comments: