Friday, July 25, 2008

I feel icky

I am double-posting this here and on the other blog, because I am really antsy about something. Specifically, talking about a part of my life in which I worked a certain job, which I am NOT ashamed of in any way, but that lots of people in this world take EXTREME offense to. And I would like to talk about this job, because it was meaningful to me, and important in my decision to become a health-care provider, and because it figures largely in my decision about what to pursue as a residency (although perhaps not in the way that one might think). But now I have this personal blog that has the full name of my son on it, and while I have blocked my profile and taken most references to my full name out of the blog, I am not hard to find. And while I do not for one second believe that I am All That and that this will be front page on the NYTimes or anything, I don't want someone with ill intent to google "this thing that sarah is not ashamed of" and "blog" or whatnot, and then, you know, show up on my door. Or, years down the line, at Graham's school. So I am debating renaming the personal blog, and taking names out. Which could be a smart thing to do anyway, but the blogging mom world seems kind of split down the middle on the issue of photos/real names of your kids. Anyway, I am stressing about it, and wanted to discuss. With myself, I guess. I'll let you know what we decide.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know that you don't want your former life as a table dancer at a nudie bar to get out lest the anti-nudies find out where you live and rush over with clothing and write things on your wall like "nekkid lady lives here!" Could you use a euphemism?
As someone who is a former pole dancer at the same place where you were a table dancer and who had my picture and license plate posted on an anti-nudite Web site, I think that the anti-nudies have bigger fish to fry and it's a big game of intimidation. So, if I were you, I'd feel free to show up nekkid once in awhile. But would totally understand and be completely supportive if you didn't.