Monday, March 10, 2008

Making progress!

So we think Graham turned a funny little corner in his development this weekend - it was weird how it happened just all at once. Saturday he had a strange morning - cranky for now reason, and slept like crazy, and then bam! Saturday night he decided he wanted to eat another 2 ounces on top of what he had been eating, and was unbelievably alert and happy, and Sunday morning we got our first real smiles. It was like overnight he decided to start acting more like a one-and-a-half month old rather than a newborn. So we think he's in a bit of a growth spurt. Which does make for a little crankiness now and then, but he's doing so much better with the Zantac, and is just growing and changing every day. When I think back to the fragile little guy he was at birth, it's hard to remember how scared we were to even hold him. I think I just realized yesterday what a long road these past two and a half months have been. It's like I've been in a fog, and I am just now understanding how enormous and terrifying being at the hospital was.

Now if only the stupid snow would stop falling here, I'd be a new woman!

1 comment:

lorraine said...

How thrilled youy must be to get a smile. I remember how exciting the first one is!


Lorraine