Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Weekend of busy-osity


Well, the most recent development (which I guess is not technically part of the weekend, but hey, when you can't get to the blogging every day, it all gets a little smushed together) is that Graham blew his first raspberries today. It was awesome - I wasn't even paying attention the first time he did it! He practiced a few times after his bath too. He didn't get the full big pbbbblllhhhht out again, but the little practice tries are over the top adorable as well. I am such a sucker for this kid.

Getting back to the weekend. Friday was actually my first day away from Graham since he came home from the hospital, and it was very very very very hard. I was at a Prader-Willi conference in Albany and so left at about 5 am and got back about 7:30 pm. There was a little girl there with her mom (I mean, there were lots of kids at the conference as this particular one is pretty parent-centered rather than wholly scientific, but this was a baby so she was with her mom in the sessions) and I desperately wanted to hold her and get my baby fix. Joe stayed home with his boy and they reportedly had a lovely day together.

Saturday, Joe had even more time with Graham when I went to a bridal shower (yay Danielle!). And then Sunday, we had babies, babies and more babies. It was a day of social stuff that we had been rescheduling and rescheduling since Graham was born. We got to see Ava, who was born on her due date seven (I think) days after Graham was actually born, and we got to meet Connor, who was born four days after Graham was supposed to be born. It was really nice to meet the babies (both gorgeous), and so so nice to hang out with grown-ups, but it was especially nice to see that our G-man is developing along nicely and is smack dab in the middle between Ava and Connor. Not that we were worried, but hey, every parent likes to be reassured that their baby is doing well.

Speaking of which, we get to do my favorite thing tomorrow and go to the pediatrician. It's Graham's 4 month check-up, and while he may not be excited (lots of shots tomorrow), I am. I get to ask a million questions, find out his height and weight (which I think are both on the normal growth curve for four-month old boys!) and again, get that nice official reassurance that yes, my baby is the best baby ever in the whole wide world. Hooray! So, more details on that tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the video...I started talking to him. I love him so. Big k