Tuesday, May 27, 2008

We've been working hard for the (very limited amounts of) money

Sorry, friends! I know it's been forever since we posted. It's just been a combination, as always, of some sleeplessness, some boringness, lots of hard work around the house and in other areas of our lives. But! The other reason I have been holding off on posting is that Graham rolled over all by himself for the first time this weekend, and I have been trying to get video of it ever since. He is not a command performer, apparently. He did it twice for me when Joe wasn't there, once for Joe when I wasn't there, and has refused to do it at least four times when the video camera was running. Apparently he has not inherited my flair for drama and attention. Perhaps that's not the worst thing in the world...

Anyway, Graham just continues to change and grow every day. He's solidly sucking his thumb now (hooray!) and grabbing and holding onto things and laughing this very bizarre deep-throated "heh huh heh" whenever he grabs my hair. He's sitting up better than ever (propped in my lap, but not all slouchy like he has been until this point), and is even turning his head when he hears my voice. His grandparents (dad's side) are coming this weekend (also hooray!) and I think Grandma Lorraine is going to flip out when she sees how big and smart he is. I was looking at old pictures the other day and I just couldn't believe how much he has grown already. I can't imagine him crawling and walking and running, but I know it's right around the corner.

So, since it's been forever (a whole week!) without new pictures, here you go:

Graham concentrating really hard on his new toy:

Looking very dapper in the new Tybee Island onesie Grandma Big K and Grandpa JSpen sent:

And being a bit of a mess after we tried to do handprints and footprints last night. Maybe we should have done that when he was a little less mobile?

No comments: