Saturday, June 14, 2008

Aaaahhhhhh

I am sighing with pleasure because, for the moment, everything is peaceful in our house. Graham woke up at about 6:30, and I brought him downstairs to eat so Joe could sleep in a bit (a Father's Day weekend gift that, provided I remain both patient and kind by tomorrow, will be a repeat for the actual Father's Day). We played around on his activity gym and in the exersaucer after that (he just figured out this morning that he can make his motion-sensitive music thingie go on by slapping the poles of the activity gym with his hands, in addition to kicking with his feet). And then we went outside and it was so beautiful -- we had an amazing thunderstorm last night, and everything was wet and shining. So I decided to take a little early morning walk around the neighborhood with G in the baby carrier...and by the time we got 3/4 around the block, he was asleep. So now he is back upstairs sleeping with Joe and I have a nice rare moment of alone time. Lovely.

Of course, it wouldn't be accurate to say that the walk was entirely bucolic and perfect...I tried to be the hippie, earth-loving mama that I only wish I could be and show Graham this beautiful tree that we walked by with all of these clusters of white-yellow flowers. And I ended up showering us both with pollen. Which I hope I managed to get the bulk of off his fingers before said fingers went back in his mouth. I might be spending some of my precious alone time googling "fragrant tree toxic baby pollen" or something to that effect.

Finally, one funny baby note - G has been rolling over a lot lately, both ways, but hasn't quite gotten good at rescuing himself if he rolls over onto his tummy completely from his back. Which is how we found him when he started yelping last night at 10. He started out like this in the bed:
And ended up like this (the squiggly lines are supposed to indicate that he was face-down, I guess): And he managed to completely freak himself out.

No comments: