Friday, June 20, 2008

Relaxing back into normal


The photo above is actually an older one (whew! over a month old, now that I look at the date) but I didn't take any new pictures yesterday. Plus he's so happy and funny here...he almost always gets excited when he gets in his carseat (it's like we have a puppy). I've been trying from the beginning to make getting strapped in sound like a really good time, and Joe caught me the other day squealing what I always do: "Are you ready to go on adventures (...i think we were going to cvs...) with mommy? Do you looooove adventures? Who loves adventures wich his mama? Is it yoooou? I tink it is!" at the top of my best baby voice register. But hey, Graham loves it, so I am willing to take a bit of joshing from my husband (who has been known to squeal a time or two himself).

Graham is finally back to a relatively normal sleeping schedule, although he is still flipping himself over a fair amount. He slept from 7 pm - 6 am last night, and is now taking a little extra nap with his dad while I got a much-needed shower in. Speaking of which, I need to file something in the "no one ever told me this would happen, until thank goodness, Candice filled me in" bin: my hair continues to fall out in giant clumps, every day. It started when he was about 3 and a half months old, and hasn't quit yet. Good lord! Even the gray hairs are starting to fall out (and those ones are tenacious). When I got out of the shower this morning, I had literally a handful of hair that I pulled from the drain cover. I was going to take a picture of it for the blog, but really, I think you probably all come here for the cute pictures of Graham, not for the grossness of post-partum.

We also got our webcam yesterday, and signed up for Skype, so now we can video-call the grandparents, which is very exciting for them. Last night Grandma Big K watched Graham eat his rice cereal! Maybe today she can see the flipping in action.

No comments: